When Russell took me over to the Hippy Haven, the Hawthorne area of the city, I felt immediately at home. I have had many good experiences here.
THE TAO OF TEA is not far from the Hawthorne area.
- Billboard: When I saw this Billboard I felt like I was right at home as I have been a Vegetarian since 1975/02.
- DAILY GRIND Sign: Russell and I go to the DAILY GRIND at least once during each of my visits to Portland.
They serve freshly prepared vegetarian food in the restaurant side plus I can pick up some packaged items from the store side for keeping at the apartment. I also grab a couple of sandwiches from the restaurant side just before leaving Portland for the flight back to Atlanta. It is a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng flight;
much longer than when flying out to Portland from Atlanta.
- She Can Manage: Prema Devi Dasi is a hospitable hostess, manager, and bookkeeper at DAILY GRIND.
- The Cook/Chef: Brupa Das is the cook and chef for DAILY GRIND. Prema Devi Dasi is his wife. They both are Krishna devotees and we have friends in common from ISKCON. It is a small world.
- OLD WIVES' TALES: This restaurant is a great place to have food. I had no trouble finding vegetarian fare that fits my needs. The staff was really friendly and food was great.
- Kids Can Play Here: Kids were welcomed in OLD WIVES' TALES. They had a good size textured play area. I saw children who were enjoying the play area while I was there. You can see the cut outs thru which small kids can look.
These cut outs are on several levels with raised walk ways behind the fancifully painted walls.
Return to tbass' Photos Table of Content
Return to tbass' HomePage
This page was Updated 00/08/13